Integrated Data Service
Cookies and Privacy
To enable you to use this website, the service puts small files known as 'cookies' on to your computer.
We use essential cookies to give you the best online experience. They always need to be on to allow the website to function properly.
We need these to check if you are logged into an administrator account and to record your cookie preferences.
Hotjar measures how you use the website so we can improve it based on user needs.
Hotjar stores information about whether you have participated in a Hotjar survey, the way in which you interact with a page, what you click on while you are visiting the site.
Google Analytics allows us to analyse how our service is being used and to inform how we improve it.
Cookies used to distinguish users for the Google Analytics service.
This site is powered by PublishMyData. PublishMyData-powered websites are operated in accordance with the applicable data protection legislation, namely the General Data Protection Regulation (EU Regulation 2016/679).
What personal data do we collect?
- Visitors’ IP addresses, and details of which browser they used.
- Anonymised information on how visitors use the site.
- Registering an administrator account requires a valid email address.
How do we use personal data?
- IP address information and browser details are held in log files and the data is normally kept for up to one month, but in exceptional circumstances (e.g. for post-mortem diagnosis of operational incidents) may be held for up to one year.
- Administrator account details are held for as long as they are valid. This doesn't apply to public, unauthenticated visitors.
Where is personal data stored?
- PublishMyData uses servers from Google Cloud and Amazon Web Services, at data centres located in the European Economic Area (EEA).
- We may use third party services to monitor and operate the PublishMyData service, and these services may store data outside the EEA. However, we ensure that third party services used by PublishMyData which process personal data maintain adequate policies for GDPR and either are based in EEA or in other countries with sufficient data protection legislation.
Access to personal data held
- Only staff from Swirrl directly involved in operating the service are able to access log files and monitoring services.
- Staff from Swirrl and the data-owning organisation may have access to the Analytics.
- No data is shared with other third parties, unless required to do so by law.
- The rights of individuals with regard to their personal data are listed and explained by the Information Commissioner's Office.
- If you have questions or complaints about the use of your data by this service, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.